Foundational Basics in Opposing the Legalization of Assisted Suicide
Aug. 18, 2015 at 2:00 – 3:30pm Eastern
Executive Director, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
Focusing on the Issues
- How do the assisted suicide laws work in Oregon and Washington State?
- Are depressed people dying by assisted suicide in Oregon?
- Does the Oregon assisted suicide law ensure patient choice?
- Does the Oregon assisted suicide law ensure consent?
- Where does the data concerning the assisted suicide deaths come from?
Senior Policy Analyst, Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (DREDF)
The Why and How of Opposing Assisted Suicide Laws
- Why oppose assisted suicide laws
- We need everyone.
- Know your audience.
- Most effective messengers
- Working in cross-constituency coalitions
Political Director, Patients Rights Action Fund
Planning and Organizing Against Assisted Suicide
- Past Case studies – WA/OR, MA, CA
- The Approach: Legislation, Ballot Measures, Lawsuits
- Strategy before Tactics
- Avoiding pitfalls
Thanks to the Great Lakes ADA Center, we will be using an accessible webinar platform for the greatest availability for anyone who may want to participate.